What We Customize
Start or end with your private float, then pile on more fun and create your own full adventure with Ashby Gap Adventures. We work with you to create a fully customized adventure for your group. Perfect if you have a diverse group and want to get the most out of a day or weekend. We do all the work and you have all the fun. We take care of gear, transportation, logistics, meals and beverages (BYOB welcome), and, of course, organizing the activities.
Mix These Adventures
- River float ranging from 2 hours up to 3 days and 2 nights from your choice of 6 rivers
- Comfortable camping (we provide the tents & cots) or cabins
- Brewery or vineyard visits – we do the driving for you
- Aerial adventure parks or zip-lining
- Fishing and flyfishing for Smallmouth Bass
- Hunting (Deer and Waterfowl on Private Property, in season)
- Skinning and butchering wild game (upon availability). This is a rare experience!
- Edible plants/seeds/nuts/roots/flower foraging/mushroom foraging
Photo by Roy Sewall.
This option is great for multi-generation family trips, reunions, bachelor/bachelorette parties, bro-outings, women-only adventures, pre-wedding bride or groom party appreciation trips, or just good old-fashioned weekend fun.
Minimum Age: 10 years old in kayak, 6 years old in canoes and rafts accompanied by an adult, depending on the chosen float.
Number of Guests Per Trip: No limit with enough notice.
Cost: Trips are highly customized, and we are very creative at working within your budget. We have relationships with all of the businesses we partner with (except Charles Town Race Track), so you can be sure we have found the most cost-effective and convenient way to package these adventures..
Activities: Depends what you choose!
Food Options: Simple to gourmet. We love working with trip organizers to plan the
What Should I Bring: Since each trip is different, we will tailor a preparation list specifically for your adventure. Don’t have the right gear? Don’t worry, we can either make purchase suggestions or we can just put together the gear for you.
You choose the meeting time, ending time, and location. We'll come to you.